The Bullfinch 13a Electrical Access Point is designed to provide access to mains electricity from outside of the vehicle, once it is connected to a 220/240 v supply, without the need to trail extension leads through doors or open windows. Providing the lid is closed and the product is correctly installed the 13a Electrical Access Point offers an international protection code of IP55 (offering weatherproof protection) when the product is in use or not.
Warning: Switch off and isolate the mains supply before carrying out Installation of the 13a Electrical Access Point. • This product must be installed by a suitably qualified electrician in accordance with the current editions of the IEE Wiring Regulations (BS7661) and where applicable The Building Regulations. • It is essential that all connections are made as instructed that cables are not stressed and terminals are fully tightened. The following tools may be required: - Ø105 mm hole cutter. - Pilot drill bit for No 8 self tapping screws. (Size dependent on metal wall thickness of the vehicle). - Masking tape. - Non Drying Mastic sealant. - No. 2 “Pozidriv” screwdriver.
1. Select an appropriate site to fit your 13a Electrical Access Point avoiding structural sections within the wall of the vehicle for safety reasons.
2. Selected site must be a suitable safe distance from any gas and water connections.
3. Ensure that you have clear access to the internal vehicle 220/250 V wiring harness.
4. Once a suitable site has been selected mark the position for the centre hole.
5. Using a Ø105 mm hole cutter, carefully cut through the panel.
6. Offer up the 13 A socket to the hole and mark the four mounting holes through the unit.
7. Using an appropriately sized drill for the screws to be used drill the four holes.
8. Apply a bead of non-drying mastic sealant to the rear flange of the socket and mount the 13 A Socket to the wall using suitable screws.
9. Any gaps detected around the edges of the unit can be filled by applying a non drying mastic sealant.
10. Electrical connections. • Electrical connections should be made using correct sized cable to connect to the caravan 220/250 V supply. (Contact your vehicle manufacturer if you are in any doubt regarding the conductor size). • Remove grey rear cover by squeezing the sides and disengaging the upper and lower clips. • Ensure the cable passes through the correct aperture in the cover. • Once connections have been made, refit the cover and tighten the cable clamp. • Cable colour codes for installations in the UK after April 2004 are:- BROWN = terminals marked ‘L’ BLUE = terminals marked ‘N’ GREEN/YELLOW = terminals marked ‘ ‘ • Carefully strip back the insulation on all three cables to expose 10 mm of the conductor. • Ensure that all conductors are connected to the appropriate terminals. Terminal screws must be securely tightened.
1. With the vehicle stationary and connected to a 220/250 V supply, raise the front cover of the socket and insert the plug of the equipment to be used. Close and latch cover into place to provide a weatherproof seal.
2. To disconnect equipment, raise socket cover and remove plug, close and latch the cover into place to ensure a weatherproof seal.
3. Before moving the vehicle from a pitch ensure that all accessory points are disconnected and that the lid is latched in the closed position to prevent the ingress of water or other foreign matter from causing damage to the point or any of the vehicles services.
TGS Industrial use DPD for all of our UK Deliveries, if when placing your order you include your email address and your mobile telephone number (if available) they will then send you and email or a text to your phone with an approximate delivery time for your goods.
UK Mainland Only - Next Working Day
Free Delivery on all orders over £100
Under £100 delivery is - £6.50
Delivery before 12 - £12.00
Saturday delivery - £14.95
Scottish Highlands - 2 - 3 Working Days - £13.95
Scottish Islands / Channel Islands / Isle of Wight / Scilly Isles - £16.95
Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland - £12.95
(Please note some post codes may take 2 to 3 days for delivery)
Customers can also call into our showroom and collect any item they would wish to purchase. Please telephone in advance
When can I expect my goods to be delivered?
If we receive your order before 3pm (GMT) and your items are in stock, we will dispatch the same day! Delivery can then be expected next day for mainland UK. Please note, due to occasional problems with electronic systems, delays may occur in TGS receiving orders via email or the website, and this may affect delivery.
We will refund or credit any item returned within 7 days of purchase if it has been damaged in transit or the wrong item has been dispatched, provided the item is unused and in its original packaging. If any item is returned because of being faulty, and after inspected is found to be in perfect order then carriage costs would be paid by the customer.
Please contact us for more information